Scope of Works
The aim was to remedy construction failures and defects in the building, whilst protecting the structure and fabric from further deterioration and escalating cost of continuing repairs. The main contractor was Vinci.
Works being undertaken by P&W as the Mechanical and Electrical services subcontractor were:
• To improve Fire and Life Safety systems
• Renew and replace expired mechanical and electrical plant, equipment and associated systems.
• Provision of a fully automatic, monitored Electrical and Mechanical system with an N+1 resilience.
• Improve the physical security of the building and the implementation of estate-wide access control philosophies.
• Prepare the building infrastructure to leverage the benefits of future estate-wide electrical power, heating and
This project achieved a BREEAM rating of “very good”
This project required BIM output for the As Fitted information.
Removal and repair of the existing chandeliers and fittings was part of the listed restoration and retention of existing services and security of the Jewel Tower throughout the project was essential.