Our first collaboration with Osborne is the new Electronic Engineering Building at Royal Holloway, University of London on their campus site near Egham, Surrey.
The building will be home to the Department of Electronic Engineering and will provide the space and facilities to support the development of the new department. The building will provide many facilities including:
- 3,950sqm 3-storey building
- 268 seat lecture theatre and an 80 seat lecture theatre with interactive bench seating
- Two seminar rooms, one electronics teaching laboratory and one PC laboratory
- A creative learning suite with three adjacent spaces
- A roof-topped field laboratory with solar panels and wind turbine
- Open plan offices for PhD students and academic staff
Scope of Works
For this BREEAM EXCELLENT development P&W are proving all mechanical, electrical and public health services including a hybrid cross ventilation system for the large teaching spaces, which utilises the atrium with “stack effect” to discharge warm air from the rooms.
The two lecture theatres are fully conditioned using roof mounted heat pump/recovery AHU’s. General circulation areas have under floor heating and DX cooling only in the PC Laboratory and server rooms.