Innovia Security secured the contract to supply the Guardian film for manufacturing of the new GBP notes to be introduced into the UK by 2018. Story Construction approached Piggott & Whitfield having heard of our history in delivering high quality and complex industrial projects in a complete design and build environment with an integrated and collaborative approach.
The result is a self-contained, air-conditioned factory including a production hall, support services, offices, mess facilities and QA labs so that Innovia Security is a completely independent facility within the boundaries of the main Innovia Films site.
Scope of Works
Our initial brief was to work from the plans of their most recent sister plant project, which was completed in the Mexican desert 5 years previously. This process involved translating the Mexican drawings and specifications and then applying UK and local legislation, external design conditions and recognised UK good engineering practices. In addition we rewrote the Employers’ Requirements and from that we gradually refined the scope of work and content of our project deliverables.
- New steam and gas supplies from the site wide CHP system
- MTHW for industrial process heating
- Controlled temperature ventilation and cooling to maintain the press hall at a constant temperature and RH.
- High voltage and Low voltage distribution for M&E services and to process application termination points for extension by others.
- Lighting, emergency lighting and small power.
- Fire Alarm sprinklers and deluge systems
- High-level access control internal and external security systems, CCTV and site monitoring systems